The global marine ports and services industry depicted a certain amount of resilience during the 2009 economic slump to stand at an estimated $57.3 billion by 2011 with a 4.9% CAGR during 2006-2011. The global marine ports and services market is forecast to approach $66 billion in revenue by 2017 with a 3.3% CAGR during 2012-2017.
Increasing seaborne trade with the developing economies is anticipated to spur long-term growth in the global port activity, leading to an upswing in the industry.
Lucintel, a leading global management consulting and market research firm, has analyzed the global marine ports and services industry and offers its findings in a comprehensive research report, “Global Marine Ports and Services Industry 2012-2017: Trend, Profit, and Forecast Analysis.” The report focuses on North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (ROW) and based on the analysis, APAC is expected to outpace the rest with the highest growth over the next five years.
As the study indicates, although the constant threat of terrorism and environmental issues challenge growth in the global marine ports and services industry, it holds significant opportunities for industry players due to the growing demand related to marine ports and services and the development of new ports.
Lucintel’s research indicates mergers and acquisitions, the emergence of new players, service launches on new ports, and technology all characterized the industry's competitive landscape in 2011. The emerging trends of privatization and technology make the industry an attractive investment option.
The five major players in the industry are:
• DP World Limited
• Hutchison Whampoa Limited
• Shanghai International Port (Group)
• Ningbo Port Company Limited
• Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG
Lucintel research report provides insights such as an overview of recent industry news, factors shaping the market, global and regional trends, future opportunities, challenges, and the profitability analysis of major players.
The data and analysis found in this report can be used for a variety of functional business reasons including business development, strategic planning, determination of market size and trends, competitive analysis, investment decisions, and joint product development.
This comprehensive guide from Lucintel provides readers with valuable information and the tools needed to successfully drive critical business decisions with a thorough understanding of the market’s potential. This report will save Lucintel clients hundreds of hours in personal research time on a global market and it offers significant benefits in expanding business opportunities throughout the global marine ports and services industry analysis.
In a fast-paced ever-changing world, business leaders need every advantage available to them in a timely manner to drive change in the market and to stay ahead of their competition. This report provides business leaders with a keen advantage in this regard by making them aware of emerging trends and demand requirements on an annual basis.
To make any investment or strategic decision, you need adequate and timely information. This market report fulfills this core need. Some of the features of this market report are:
• Industry size estimates in terms of (US $) value by regions
• Global marine ports and services industry annual trend (2006-2011) and forecast (2012-2017)
• Porter’s Five Force analysis
• New product launch and merger and acquisition activity in global marine ports and services industry analysis
• Quarterly demand trend (Q1 2010-Q4 2011)and forecast analysis (Q1 2012 – Q4 2012) for global marine ports and services industry
• Gross and net profit trends in the global marine ports and services industry analysis
• Cost structure trend in the global as well as regional marine ports and services industry analysis
• More than 40 valuable figures/charts and 10 tables are provided in this report