After weathering the worldwide recession, the Global Composites market registered double-digit growth in 2010 due to the economic recovery. Although the pace of the market subsided in 2011, the market is expected to regain pace and reach $29.9 billion in 2017 with a CAGR of 5.4% over the next five years.
Lucintel, a leading global management consulting and market research firm, has analyzed the Global Composites market and presents its findings in “Growth Opportunities in Global Composites Industry 2012-2017”.
Lucintel’s research indicates that over the long term, the composites industry is a sustainable industry with 30,000 composites applications worldwide and holds strong growth potential. High performance at a lower weight is the major driving force for the selection of composite materials for various applications. Lucintel expects higher market fragmentation to occur due to emerging economies. The future of the market is expected to be highly competitive, and companies with innovative capabilities and products can thrive and gain market share.
Material suppliers in the resin and glass fiber categories are expected to experience good sales growth in almost all market segments in 2012. The growth in carbon fiber demand is expected to outpace that of glass fiber. This growth in carbon fiber demand is expected to drive the market for epoxy resin because epoxy is predominantly used with carbon fiber.
Lucintel’s research indicates that the Asian region, which has already emerged as the largest growth area for the composites industry, is expected to further consolidate its leadership. North America is expected to be second followed by Europe. The aerospace, wind energy and marine markets are expected to grow steadily over the forecast period.
The report, which provides trend scenarios and forecast statistics for 2012–2017, details industry drivers and challenges; provides competitive analysis between steel, aluminum, plastics, and the composites industry; examines global reinforcement and resin markets; highlights global composites market by material types and segments; offers regional and value chain analysis; identifies industry leaders; and also describes manufacturing processes.
This report is a must-have report by every company working in the composites industry. In today’s global economy, you need every advantage that you can find to keep you ahead in your business. Learn about current and future trends, identify key players, and explore the directions that the industry and different segments are heading.
To make any investment, business or strategic decisions, you need timely and robust market information. This market report fulfills this core need. This is an indispensable reference guide for composite material suppliers, product manufacturers, investors, researchers, engineers, distributors and many more, who are dealing with the composites industry. Some of the features of this market report are:
• Market size and growth rates of the global composites industry market. Market for FRP and advanced composites.
• Global composite industry size in terms of value and volume
• Global composite industry trend and forecast in terms of value and volume
• Market size estimates for reinforcements and resins
• Market breakdown by application and region
• Composites market by country with growth potential in Indian and Chinese composite markets
• Competitive analysis between steel, aluminum, plastics and the composites industry
• Market breakdown by manufacturing technologies by Manufacturing process, by market segments by various material types
• Thermoset and Thermoplastic composites market size, trends and forecast
• Market outlook and global trends in automotive, marine, construction, aerospace and other important market segments with needs and challenges of various market segments
• Value chain analysis. Dollar and gross profit flow through of various nodes of the value chain (from raw material to final application)
• Material price and property comparison. Fiber and resin price history and forecast. Material prices of more than 100 materials such as fibers, resins, fabrics, prepregs, adhesives, and metals
• More than 351 figures/charts and 39 tables are provided in this roughly 345-page report.