Global Glass Mat Thermoplastics Market 2012-2017: Trend, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis
Publish date: September 2012, more than 246 figures/charts and 34 tables are provided in this roughly 300-page report
The global market for glass mat thermoplastic (GMT) composites has been growing slowly during the past five years and is expected to further gain momentum, reaching approximately US $481 million by 2017 with a CAGR of 5.5% over the next five years. Automotive will be the predominant market segment for GMT materials over the next five years. Growth is expected in flat-panel applications such as interior headliners, exterior panels, and underbody systems.
Lucintel, a leading global management consulting and market research firm, has analyzed the global glass mat thermoplastics market and presents its findings in “Global Glass Mat Thermoplastics Market 2012-2017: Trend, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis.”
Lucintel’s research indicates that the industry is growing at rates that can be attributed to several factors, including the continuing demand for lighter weight materials to replace metals (especially steel) in automotive applications to increase fuel efficiency. Other factors include the use of recyclable materials in the automotive sector, particularly in Europe, continued technology improvements in fabrication techniques, material formulations, product design to take advantage of GMT’s unique properties, and the opening up of new non-automotive applications in the construction market and others. In addition, competitors can position themselves as the supplier of choice after working with their customers to satisfy new applications.
Research by Lucintel indicates the market is expected to grow in profitability in the coming years due to rising demand for GMT. Based on the fundamentals of the industry and the competitive environment, the analysis reveals that the past trends are expected to continue in the near future.
The report, which provides trend scenarios and forecast statistics for 2011–2017, details industry drivers and challenges, compares properties and prices, highlights major GMT suppliers, and describes various properties, manufacturing processes, and more.
This unique report from Lucintel will provide you with valuable information, insights, and tools needed to identify new growth opportunities and operate your business successfully in this market. This report will save hundreds of hours of your own personal research time and will significantly benefit you in expanding your business in this market. In today’s stringent economy, you need every advantage that you can find.
To make informed business, investment, or strategic decisions, professionals need timely and accurate information. Lucintel believes “Global Glass Mat Thermoplastics Market 2012–2017: Trend, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis” fulfills this core requirement. This is a vital reference guide for material suppliers, automotive part manufacturers, investors, researchers, executives, distributors and many others who operate within or follow the composite marketplace. Some of the features of this market report are:
• Market size estimates in terms of value ($) and volume shipment (mill lbs) in various market segments of the global GMT market.
• Regional Analysis: GMT market breakdown by key regions (e.g., North America, Europe and Asia & ROW).
• Competitive analysis: Major GMT applications and its competition, major GMT material suppliers and their market shares.
• Growth trends for last 5 years and forecasts for next 5 years in terms of dollar shipment and pounds shipment consumed in total GMT market and also for various applications such as headliner, bumper beam, front end carrier, instrument panel, etc.
• Materials Analysis: Properties of different GMT materials and comparison with competing materials.
• Application Analysis: Lists of GMT applications with descriptions on molder name, OEM, and auto make.
• More than 246 figures/charts and 34 tables are provided in this roughly 300-page report