Our people are trained in the industry they serve and in consulting
and market research projects. For each consulting project, we create
a project team with an appropriate mix between technical and business expertise
for results that drive the bottom line. Lucintel team consists of professionals
with various skills and qualifications as follows.
- Senior level consultants and analysts
- PhDs, and MBAs
- Bachelors and Masters level engineers
- Scientists and industry experts
Some key management team members are as follows:
Sanjay Mazumdar, Ph.D., CEO
Thought Leader, Author and Strategist
- Offered advisory services (M & A, market entry) to hundreds of clients over 15+ yrs
- Subject matter expert in the chemical and advanced materials markets
- Worked for General Motors and received 2 Record of Inventions
- Awarded two Society of Plastics Engineers Awards and one DuPont Plunkett Award
- Authored the book "Composites Manufacturing” published by Taylor and Francis
- Sought-after speaker at conferences and annual board meetings, helping companies with their growth objectives. Panelist at conferences with industry leaders
- Visited over 50 manufacturing plants (chemical, aerospace, automotive, etc.).
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Concordia University, Montreal and has additional training in Strategic Management from MIT, Boston.
Eric Dahl, Senior Executive Advisor
- Over 25 years of experience in strategic development and management, international business, competitive analysis, M & A, investment analysis and management, etc.
- Past Vice President at Bain & Co and served as a senor executive advisor to Booz & Company. Worked with World Trade Centers Association as a Chief Executive Officer
- Bachelor of Science from Drake University and an MBA from Harvard Business School
Dennis A. Kovalsky, VP, Strategy
- Over 30 years of experience in running business: sales, operation, product development.
- Has significant experience in market development, strategic planning, and M&A.
- Past Vice President of Aerospace at PPG Industries, where he was selected to lead PPG’s $500 million acquisition of PRC-Desoto (leading supplier of aerospace sealants).
- Past Vice President of automotive coatings at PPG Industries.
- Have worked with major Private Equity on a series of acquisitions ranging from $100+ million to $5 billion.
Brad Schiller, VP Consulting
- 5 years at McKinsey, including time as an Engagement Manager
- Expertise at market sizing, pricing, competitive analysis, and operations for both manufacturing and service focused clients
- Generated $1M in EBITDA impact for a $10M revenue PE portfolio company
- Ran business development & operations for Airware, a drone company
- MIT – BS in Mechanical Engineering & Management Science in Operations Research
Dr. Frank Swehosky, Director of Consulting
- Experienced consultant with several years of experience in all phases of materials, technology, business and manufacturing in the industrial, aerospace, and military industries.
- Worked over 14 years in strategic planning, business development position, project management and business retention.
- Worked at Lockheed Martin and US Airforce. Major contributions for winning and retaining multimillion dollar F-35, F-16, C-130J, P-3, electronic warfare, advanced concepts, and operations and support contracts.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Texas, Austin.
Charlie Kazmierski, Program Manager, Lucintel
- 20 years of diverse experience in market research, opportunity screening, value based management, voice of the customer, value chain analysis, and market structure analysis
- Over 10 years of experience in resin and composites industry
- Former marketing research professional with Dow Chemical, encompassing a succession of increasingly responsible positions in market research and business intelligence
Steve Harry, Director of Client Engagement
- Over 28 years of corporate experience in various investment banking and management consulting firms. Has good consulting experience in cost cutting and revenue growth projects.
- Worked at Freedom Profit Recovery, Genki Capital, Merger Partners Inc.
- Two years experience in buy side and sell side investment banking. Deal origination in excess of $290M, EBITDA $36.4M
- BBA from Rawls College of Business-Finance, Texas Tech University
- Industrial marketing specialist with extensive engineering plastics & composites with int’l sales & marketing management roles for major MNC’s such as DSM Engineering Plastics, GE Plastics and Scott Bader Ltd
- Proven track record of doing business with OEM customers, export agents and distributor partners
- Graduate of Brunel University in Materials Science & Management and a postgraduate Marketing Diploma from Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Ted Fagerburg, Consultant
- Experienced consultant with over 30 years of experience in the marine engine field; 28 years with Mercury Marine, 2 years with Volkswagen marine diesel and 5 years with Hyundai SeasAll diesel from the manager level to director level.
- Areas of expertize include market development, product improvement, manufacturing rationalization, due diligence, market entry, distribution network set up, etc.
- Significant knowledge in competing diesel and petrol engine products from companies such as as Neander Shark, Cox Powertrain, Mercury Marine, OXE Diesel, Honda, etc. for a variety of applications such as commercial fishing, recreational, military, super yacht, etc.
- Developed new products, managed both supplier and customer relationships, and championed change.
- Masters of International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management.
Puligandla Viswanadham, Ph.D., Consultant and Electronics Expert
- Subject matter expert in electronics market with work experience at Nokia, TX (US), Raytheon Systems Company and Texas Instruments Inc. as senior member of the technical staff, and at IBM as advisory engineer
- Holds 7 patents and 15 invention, and received the Third IBM Invention Achievement Award
- His experience encompasses electronic packaging, PWB technology, etc.
- Authored/co-authored over 125 papers, 8 book chapters, and a book on "Failure Modes and Mechanisms in Electronic Packages"
- Ph.D. in chemistry from University of Toledo, OH (US)
- He is a member of SMTA