Our people are trained in the industry they serve and in consulting
and market research projects. For each consulting project, we create
a project team with an appropriate mix between technical and business expertise
for results that drive the bottom line. Lucintel team consists of professionals
with various skills and qualifications as follows.
- Senior level consultants and analysts
- PhDs, and MBAs
- Bachelors and Masters level engineers
- Scientists and industry experts
Some key management team members are as follows:
Sanjay Mazumdar, Ph.D., CEO
With more than 15 years of consulting and market research experience, Dr. Sanjay
Mazumdar has led Lucintel in diverse projects such as strategic growth consulting
, M & A,
due diligence, value chain assessments and opportunity analyses. Sanjay has been
instrumental in leading and executing hundreds of projects for OEMs, Tier 1s, Tier
2s, material suppliers, and investors across aerospace, wind energy, transportation,
chemical, composites and sporting goods markets. Some highlights:
- Worked for General Motors in ultra-lightweight product development project and received
2 Record of Innovations.
- Provided advisory services (M & A, market entry) to hundreds of clients.
- Subject matter expert in chemical & advanced materials & authored a book titled
- Speaker at various conferences & published more than 25 papers in journals & proceedings.
- Product development experience with aluminum, steel, chemical and composite materials
for hundreds of applications.
- Visited over 50 manufacturing plants (chemical, aerospace, automotive, etc.).
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Concordia University, Montreal and has additional
training in Strategic Management from MIT, Boston.
- Thought leadership on God / nature inspired innovations and launched video describing
5 innovation mega trends.
Click to benefit from innovation ideas.
Gary Kabot (Partner)
Gary Kabot has more than thirty-five years of diversified business experience, the
past 27 of which have been devoted to acquisitions, start-ups and management consulting.
Mr. Kabot has acquired or started approximately 40 entities in various industries,
the largest achieving an annual revenue rate of $300 million within 18 months of
start-up. His consulting services included management consulting and strategic planning
to small to multi-national companies in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, financings,
and recapitalizations. Mr. Kabot also served as a consultant with Arthur Young &
Company (predecessor to Ernst & Young) and as a Partner with Gordian Consultants,
a spin-off from McKinsey and Company. Mr. Kabot received his MBA from the Harvard
Business School and his BS in Accounting from Cornell University.
Dennis A. Kovalsky, VP, Strategy
- Over 30 years of experience in running business: sales, operation, product development.
- Has significant experience in market development, strategic planning, and M&A.
- Past Vice President of Aerospace at PPG Industries, where he was selected to lead PPG’s $500 million acquisition of PRC-Desoto (leading supplier of aerospace sealants).
- Past Vice President of automotive coatings at PPG Industries.
- Have worked with major Private Equity on a series of acquisitions ranging from $100+ million to $5 billion.
Brad Schiller, VP Consulting
Brad Schiller is a seasoned strategy and operations consultant having spent 5 years
at McKinsey, 2 years as an independent consultant, and has recently joined the Lucintel
team. At McKinsey, he was an Engagement Manager where he led the day to day operations
of client projects across a variety of business functions and industries. As an
independent consultant, he worked with portfolio companies of private equity firms
to increase profitability through identification and implementation of revenue enhancements
and cost cutting opportunities. He also worked with early stage startups to develop
market analysis, financial models, and business plans to raise venture capital.
He has extensive experience in market analysis, strategy, business plan development,
pricing, financial modeling, turn around, and operational performance improvement.
He holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering and a BS in Management Science from the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Dr. Frank Swehosky, Director of Consulting
- Experienced consultant with several years of experience in all phases of materials, technology, business and manufacturing in the industrial, aerospace, and military industries.
- Worked over 14 years in strategic planning, business development position, project management and business retention.
- Worked at Lockheed Martin and US Airforce. Major contributions for winning and retaining multimillion dollar F-35, F-16, C-130J, P-3, electronic warfare, advanced concepts, and operations and support contracts.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Texas, Austin.
Charlie Kazmierski, Program Manager, Lucintel
Charlie is Program Manager for Lucintel with 20 years of diverse experience in market
, value based management, voice of the customer, value
chain analysis, and market structure analysis. Former marketing research professional
with Dow Chemical, encompassing a succession of increasingly responsible positions
in market research and business intelligence, including business unit research analyst,
research manager for business analysis team, subject matter expert in marketing
research expertise center, and internal business/ marketing consultant.
Nigel O’Dea, Business Development Manager, Lucintel
Nigel is an industrial marketing specialist with extensive engineering plastics
& composites with international sales & marketing management roles for major
MNC’s such as DSM Engineering Plastics, GE Plastics and Scott Bader Ltd. He has
a proven track record of doing business with OEM customers, export agents and distributor
partners. Graduate of Brunel University, with a B. Sc. (hons.) degree in Materials
Science & Management and a postgraduate Marketing Diploma from The Chartered
Institute of Marketing (CIM), of which he is also a member.
Peter Ying (Director, Semiconductor Industry)
Peter is a high tech business consultant with 22 years work experience in the semiconductor
technology development, manufacturing strategy and business management. As an industry
leader, in 3C business model, technical marketing, global competition, and semiconductor
manufacturing, Peter constantly consults business development and investment strategy
for Wall Street and Fortune 500 companies. Peter is skillful in the valuation, market
research, business strategy and product development of semiconductor companies.
Served as a senior technology development manager in Texas Instruments and COO of
Helix Micro Semiconductor International Company, Peter was responsible for business
and technology valuation, setting and executing $2 billion wafer suppliers strategy
among hundreds global suppliers partners in Asia, Europe and North America. Peter
received EMBA degree from UT Austin's McComb Business School (2000) and PhD in Engineering
from University of Cincinnati (1985).
Ted Fagerburg, Consultant
- Experienced consultant with over 30 years of experience in the marine engine field; 28 years with Mercury Marine, 2 years with Volkswagen marine diesel and 5 years with Hyundai SeasAll diesel from the manager level to director level.
- Areas of expertize include market development, product improvement, manufacturing rationalization, due diligence, market entry, distribution network set up, etc.
- Significant knowledge in competing diesel and petrol engine products from companies such as as Neander Shark, Cox Powertrain, Mercury Marine, OXE Diesel, Honda, etc. for a variety of applications such as commercial fishing, recreational, military, super yacht, etc.
- Developed new products, managed both supplier and customer relationships, and championed change.
- Masters of International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management.